Editing and guidance in publishing your own book to an exceptional standard of quality
Our independent publishing support services provide strategic guidance and expert developmental editing, line editing, copyediting, and proofreading for authors using any printer or publishing services provider.
Services vary based on your project’s needs and may include the following:
- Education on the best practices of successful self-publishing and how to avoid costly and time-consuming mistakes
- Manuscript critique and developmental editing to make sure your book is ready for publication and as sound in content as possible
- Line editing to bring out the best in narrative voice and polish your writing
- Copy editing to correct errors, format your book properly, and prepare your manuscript for layout and typesetting
- Final proofreading of post-layout PDFs and prepublication galleys
- Advice on choosing a print provider, whether print on demand (POD) or offset, with an eye to your desired distribution channels (Amazon, Barnes & Noble, etc.)
- Pre-vetted recommendations for professional cover design, interior layout, and formatting providers for your print and/or e-book release
- Questions about traditional publishing or self-publishing and which avenue would be best for your project
Pricing starts at $.008 per word, depending on the scope of work required. Please click the button below or contact Ross Browne in the Tucson office for more information.
Recommended Reading from Our Blog
“A ‘story’ is a series of events recorded in their chronological order. A ‘plot’ is a series of events deliberately arranged so as to reveal their dramatic, thematic, and emotional significance.” Janet Burroway
“A ‘story’ is a series of events recorded in their chronological order. A ‘plot’ is a series of events deliberately arranged so as to reveal their dramatic, thematic, and emotional significance.”