Our developmental editing services pair you with experienced developmental editors, writing teachers, and industry insiders to help you craft a book that reaches its fullest potential and has the best chance of success in the marketplace. While the process varies based on your needs, objectives, budget, and preferred working method, steps may include the following:
- A preliminary review to assess your manuscript’s needs
- In-depth annotative and evaluative feedback to help you revise your work with clear goals and objectives in mind
- Guidance and coaching on writing technique and points of literary craft relevant to your manuscript
- Consultation with your editor as needed by phone or email to discuss questions, ideas, problems, possible solutions, or next steps
- Follow-up feedback on new drafts to make sure you’re on track and to identify new opportunities for improvement
At the conclusion of the developmental editing process, your manuscript should be exceptionally sound in concept, content, structure, and overall execution, and it should be ready for final polishing and correction.
Pricing for developmental editing services starts at $.01 per word and is based on the scope, depth, and nature of the work involved plus your preferred method of receiving feedback. (We can generally work with you by phone, editorial letter, in-manuscript annotations, or any combination of these.) We provide written no-cost/no-obligation quotes based on careful consideration of your manuscript’s needs and the program(s), service(s), and editor(s) that best fit what you’re trying to accomplish.
Further information about developmental editing services pricing, turnaround time, and coverage is available via links at right (desktop) or below (on mobile devices) or by contacting our author services director Ross Browne at the Tucson office.