We take the process of manuscript assignment seriously at TED. We have a diverse staff of editors with a wide range of tastes, specialties, and areas of expertise. While there’s no surefire way to know we have a good author/editor match until we get into the process, there are several considerations that influence the assignment process, including:
- your book’s genre, category, and /or subject matter
- target audience and age group
- writing style and voice
- whether the work leans more literary, commercial, or experimental
- whether your goal is to publish traditionally or independently
- your timeline and turnaround-time needs
- nature of work needed
The more information we have up front, the better the match we can make between editor and author, so feel free to tell us whatever you feel we need to know to best serve you. We highly recommend new clients visit our online author questionnaire to help us assign your manuscript properly.
All assigning is handled personally by Ross Browne with careful attention to the above considerations. Requests for specific editors are always welcome and honored wherever possible.
Questions about the assigning process? Please contact Ross at the Tucson Office.