Follow-up review and feedback for a new draft of a revised manuscript already at least once reviewed by The Editorial Department
The main goal of the reread report is to carefully examine how well you have succeeded with a revision and to offer specific advice on what still needs to be accomplished, potential for further improvement, and other changes to consider. The reread report gives us the opportunity to revisit any issues that haven’t been satisfactorily resolved, and to explore any new opportunities for improvement or ways to set the bar higher, based on what has been accomplished in the course of the revision. If a book is ready for (and in need of) line editing or copy editing, we can provide a quote for that service.
Most reread reports take the form of a task memo and will be diagnostic in focus, although your editor will share any ideas to strengthen problem areas or make further improvements. The scope and nature of the feedback will vary based on the manuscript’s needs of the manuscript.
Included in the price of the reread report is up to a half-hour of phone or email consultation with the reviewing editor.
Reread reports start at $.01 per word.
Turnaround time for a reread report is usually 4 weeks.
To request a quote, make a submission, or request more information
What happens next?
All inquiries to The Editorial Department will be personally fielded by author services director Ross Browne, who will do the following:
- confirm receipt of your materials
- gather any further information needed
- do a no-cost/no-obligation preliminary review, to get a feel for which editor(s) and service(s) best fit your project’s needs
- provide a written quote with price and turnaround time for any recommended services
- answer any questions about recommended options or possible alternatives
- schedule your project with the assigned editor, if you decide to move forward
- explain and finalize the appropriate billing arrangements
- provide a firm delivery date and keep you updated on our progress, as appropriate
- deliver your feedback or editing to you once it’s ready
- arrange for follow up with your editor by phone or email, once you have reviewed your feedback and/or editing
- advise on next steps, and schedule reviews of new drafts if requested
Privacy & Confidentiality
We have utmost respect for our clients’ privacy concerns and will never sell, share, or disseminate your contact information. We will treat all materials supplied to us as confidential.
Formal nondisclosure agreements are not required but are available on request. More info is available here.
“Slaying dragons, melting witches, and banishing demons is all fun and games until someone loses a sidekick—then it’s personal. The bad guy isn’t just the “bad guy” anymore, he’s the BAD GUY!” Michael J. Sullivan
“Slaying dragons, melting witches, and banishing demons is all fun and games until someone loses a sidekick—then it’s personal. The bad guy isn’t just the “bad guy” anymore, he’s the BAD GUY!”
Michael J. Sullivan